Artwork Critical Of Obama Displayed On Nation’s Most Liberal Campus

While it can easily be said that Libertarians and Conservatives have the thinkers, there is no doubt that Liberals have the artists. In fact, it has long been conceded by people on both sides of the aisle that the left owns art, especially the world of political protest art.

If you need proof of this, think back to the early 2000’s when you couldn’t turn on the television or go online without encountering some vapid painting or slam poem made with the intention of criticizing the Bush Administration. Think of all the artists and activists that tried to crucify Bush over his foreign policy that have fallen mysteriously silent now that their candidate is in charge.

It was this hypocrisy on the part of leftist artists that inspired Boulder based photographer Patrick Waters to create a series of images that attempts to break Liberal’s stranglehold on political art.

Mainstream Media

Mainstream Media

By combining surrealist imagery with the bite of H.L. Mencken style political satire, Waters is able to strip away the pomp and circumstance of American politics in order to reveal the sordid underbelly of D.C. and its leaders.

Fundraising

Fundraising

What is most shocking about Waters’ photos is not their subject matter, but the fact that they were displayed at one of the country’s most liberal campuses. Last March, Waters’ images were prominently displayed at a gallery in the middle of The University of Colorado at Boulder, a school infamous for having only one Conservative academic.

Golfing

Golfing

In an interview with The Gateway Pundit, Waters said that he was worried that his photos would be vandalized or that he might be academically persecuted for his views. Thankfully, this was not the case.

While Waters’ images are strange and sometimes abrasive, it is nonetheless important to seek out and foster creative political voices outside of the left. It is high time that Conservatives and Libertarians reject the notion that only those on the left are able to make artistic criticisms about politics and reclaim culture.

Water’s full series can be viewed online here. You can also support Waters’ by following him on Faecbook here and can order prints by contacting [email protected].

Comments

1. Doug says

“While it can easily be said that Libertarians and Conservatives have the thinkers.”

This site proves that statement wrong and the conservative candidates for President solidifies that it is idiotic.

• TRAITORS says

The Constant Lies of President Obama. If you still support him, you have mental issues. Who in their right mind would believe ANYTHING this fraud says?

1. I will have the most transparent administration.

2. I have Shovel ready jobs.

3. The IRS is not targeting anyone.

4. There is not a smidgen of corruption involving the IRS targeting.

5. If four Americans get killed, it is not optimal.

6. So, if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can, it’s just that it will bankrupt them.

7. Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.

8. Obama Care will be good for America.

9. You can keep your family doctor.

10. You’re going to be able to purchase high-quality health insurance for less than the cost of your cellphone bill.

11. Premiums will be lowered by $2500

12. You can keep your current healthcare plan

13. Just shop around, for that health care I claimed you wouldn’t lose.

14. I am sorry you lost your healthcare, (you know the health care you have to shop around for, the same health care I said you could keep, yup, that’s the one).

15. I did not say you could keep your health care. (Regardless that 29 recorded videos show I did).

16. Obama Care will not be offered to illegal immigrants.

17. Obama Care will not be used to fund abortions.

18. Obama Care will cost less than 1 Trillion Dollars.

19. No one making under $250,000 will see their taxes raised one dime.

20. It is Bushes fault. (this can be inserted in between every statement).

21. It was about a movie.

22. I will fundamentally transform America. (This one sadly is very true)

23. If I had a son.

24. I am not a dictator.

25. I will put an end to the type of politics that “breeds division, conflict and cynicism”.

26. You didn’t build that.

27. I will restore trust in Government.

28. The Cambridge police acted stupidly.

29. I am not after your guns.

30. The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. The BHO of (2006).

31. I have been practicing…I bowled a 129. It’s like — it was like Special Olympics.

32. “If I don’t have this done in three years, this is going to be a one-term proposition.

33. I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.

34. I think when you spread the wealth around; it’s good for everybody.

35. The Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk

36. It’s not my red line it is the worlds red line.

37. Whistleblowers will be protected.

38. We got back Every Dime we used to Rescue the Banks, with interest.

39. I am good at killing people.

40. I will close Gitmo. (but instead built them a $750,000 soccer field).

41. The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t, but she is a typical white person

42. I am not spying on American citizens.

43. By, on, on, by, Friday uh afternoon things get a little uh, uh challenged uh, uh (when his TelePrompTer broke and he was left to think for himself).

44. I am a Christian.

45. If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them.

46. Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. It will force America to conserve power.

47. John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith.

48. It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy.

49. UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems. (Attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare).

50. The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.

52. Obama says burning building in Baltimore riots looped on television over and over and over again

And the biggest lie of all:

I Barack Hussein Obama pledge to preserve protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

• wetboy says

“This site proves that statement wrong and the conservative candidates for President solidifies that it is idiotic….”

It’s amusing to watch daily how Liberals like yourself make broad, unsupported, & snarky declarations while demanding from Conservatives proof that the sky is blue. Then, when we do give you 50+ substantiated points on any subject you quickly run to the corner denying you asked for anything and then bellow about how obsessed we are!…hahaha. You non-thinkers are so cute sometimes.

Like little Kindergartners that never grew up- still yelling, “It’s not fair! Life’s not fair!” 🙂

• Doug says

Comprehension isn’t a strong point for you. Where. Did. I. Mention. Obama?

You’re obviously upset and a very sad sad person.

• wetboy says

Again, you make my point by making broad and unsubstantiated statements. It is a hallmark of liberal arrogance and pseudo-intellectualism that to disagree with their OBVIOUSLY superior viewpoint, one MUST be a… sad, upset, obsessed, angry, inbred {Insert negative character trait here} person.

No, It couldn’t possibly be because we have well-thought out philosophies that offer the broadest possible freedoms and prosperity to the most amount of people.

There’s a principle in psychology called transference…and you progressives, angry at a world that doesn’t offer perfect security, order, and fairness (as defined by you), demonstrate that principle everyday in your personal views and State-run media….

• Doug says

It was a very pointed statement at your reading and comprehension skills, which are seriously lacking. Your pseudo intellectual rhetoric is on point though.

Last time, where do I mention Obama?

• wetboy says

I never mentioned Obama in relation to your posts. It is irrelevant. Particularly since, while I know you would LIKE to defend his policies, you simply can’t whilst maintaining any sort of intellectual credibility.

Progressives can’t really defend his disastrous record (did you see the latest news from the Obama’s own IRS actuaries? ObamaCare isn’t going to run $2,500 for a family of four as promised, but $20,000/Yr! WooHoo!). No, instead they have to do what all socialist do when their policies fail miserably, look for a capitalist/conservative boogeyman to point to. “Wooo! GreedyMan is gonna get you! Woooo!”

It works for a while, but eventually even the stupid peasants who voted for “equality for all” get tired of hearing the excuses…like in Cuba & Venezuela. That’s when the Police State comes in….

• Doug says

You’re obviously self centered but if I didn’t mention Obama why would you list 50 some aught “points” about him? The answer is your angry and irrational.

• wetboy says

That wasn’t my post, dummy. Looks like “reading and comprehension isn’t a strong point for you”. Hahaha. Like most Progressives, you show yourself to be the dumbest fella at the table.

Putting that aside, the likely reason he posted those points was that you progressives all march in virtual ideological lockstep with Obama and his ilk, so he was no doubt pointing out with his example why people like you should never be listened to seriously. Liberals are fun to watch, but you are dangerous to the nation when put in power. It’s like letting teenage inmates run the asylum.

Your emotionally-based idealogy simply doesn’t leave room for the serious analytical thinking of what happens 2, 3, or 5 steps down the road when your naive policies are enacted. From taxation policy to National Defense, you have a kindergartner’s level of thinking and the only thing you think is truly hateful are the Conservative adults in the room telling you, “No…you can’t have all that candy. It’s bad for you”…

• Doug says

Re-read your post. It’s barely coherent and you are a psychotic who thinks he knows the ideology of someone on the Internet by one post that, isn’t about his ideology.

• wetboy says

Everyone else seemed to comprehend my posts just fine. Maybe you should go back to community college and work on finishing up that art history degree. You will fit in just fine with that level of deep thinking…

Idiotic, obsessed, sad, upset, psychotic….all descriptors YOU gave to folks you never met but feel comfortable giving psychological diagnoses upon. And since you immediately attacked Conservatives and Libertarians in your very post, even a community college dropout can figure out thru simple deduction what side of the political spectrum you inhabit.

See? We use logic. You use hyperbolic emotionalism. And that’s why you lose every argument. So you liberals have to rely on ad hominem attacks and charges of sexism, racism, homophobia et al. …anything to change the glaring focus on your intellectual impotence…

• Doug says

TL:DR

But I’m sure it said something about democrats, Obama and other assorted nonsensical rhetoric

• Semper Fido says

Well, the Libertarian part is right. Libertarians are the single most well read party in American politics.

• Doug says

Yes, the homophobic Dr with no political experience is a stooge. But not as much of a stooge as the person who votes for him thinking he has a chance.

• Cawoonache says

Homophobe? Is that going to be the DNC/OFA attack point against Dr. Carson? Probably not going to resonate all that effectively with middle class American voters. If that’s the best you can do, you people are in trouble. As for political experience, it is experienced politicians that created the cesspool of corruption Washington D.C. has become. Why would we want more of that?

• Doug says

Don’t keep up on current events much do you? You’re right a completely unproven leader is what this country needs. I’m not even a democrat, I just love embarrassing you mouth breathers

• Cawoonache says

Not even a Democrat? What, too conservative for you? If you think what you’ve done here is embarrass me, you are delusional.

2. Disco Obama says

The right has plenty of protest artists, just open your stupid eyes. We have Sabo, ten times better than any liberal artist out there,

3. Sam Houston says

“What is most shocking about Waters’ photos is not their subject matter…”
    University of Colorado at Boulder too Liberal? They are too stoned to give a crap. Just the way Obama and his Prog Masters like it.