Taxpayer Funded National Public Radio Declares Black Shooting Targets Are RACIST

Everything is racist in the age of Obama. Even shooting targets which use a black silhouette on a white background.

This sounds like another lame attempt to suggest that all cops are racists.

From taxpayer funded NPR:

Shooters Quicker To Pull Trigger When Target Is Black, Study Finds

Are most people more likely to pull the trigger of a gun if the person they’re shooting at is black?

A new meta-analysis set out to answer that question. Yara Mekawi of the University of Illinois and her co-author, Konrad Bresin, drew together findings from 42 different studies on trigger bias to examine whether race affects how likely a target is to be shot.

“What we found is that it does,” Mekawi tells NPR’s Arun Rath. “In our study we found two main things: First, people were quicker to shoot black targets with a gun, relative to white targets with a gun. And … people were more trigger-happy when shooting black targets compared to shooting white targets.”

That is, shooters weren’t just faster to fire at black targets; they were also more likely to fire at a black target.

Couldn’t it be that a black silhouette on a white field is just easier to see?

No. That would make too much sense.

Hat tip to The Gun Feed.

NOTE: Some commenters have claimed that the image used in this post is dishonest but it’s the exact same target type that NPR used in their story.

(Image:Source)

Comments

1. kazzer66 says

Seems like some people better clean up their acts then…

No, LOL, actually black targets are OBVIOUSLY A LOT EASIER TO SEE. But hey, if you can find something else to whine about, why not?

2. Kris in the U.S.A. says

This post, “Taxpayer Funded National Public Radio Declares…,” should be retracted.

Read the caption to the photo and the NPR article more carefully. “Shown a realistic human target — not just a silhouette like this one — shooters were more likely to pull the trigger if the target was black, according to an analysis of 42 studies.”

The test subjects didn’t shoot at silhouettes; they shot at pictures of black people and white people.

3. RonHess says

If I were king, uttering the word “racist” in an accusatory fashion would buy you an afternoon in the pillory with free rotten eggs for all passersby.

• ermaddenzer says

JOB  AT HOME SPECIAL REPORT………After earning an average of 19952 Dollars monthly,I’m finally getting 98 Dollars an hour,just working 4-5 hours daily online….It’s time to take some action and you can join it too.It is simple,dedicated and easy way to get rich.Three weeks from now you will wishyou have started today – I promise!….HERE I STARTED-TAKE A LOOK AT…..rsd..

➤➤➤➤ http://googlehomecareersjobsverifiedonline/start/earning/…. ⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛⚛

4. Mark F. Walker says

I
    I wonder why this article used the silhouette – type targets in the lead photo rather than one that closely simulates the ones used in the test – images of Black and White PEOPLE holding various objects, up to and including a gun. Could the last sentence be a giveaway? Either they didn’t read the article, or they want to sensationalize the story – or both.

5. search9286 says

Was this done on a standard shooting range, or was it a “walk through” with pop-up targets? How many test subjects did they use? Were the black and white targets set up next to each other so the shooter had a choice at the time? Too many possible variables to make this even a reasonable test.

6. 900 Yard Bullseye says

Well, it might actually be TRUE- I drew an “afro” on my black targets, and hit the 10 ring 400 times out of ten shots. With my eyes closed. While clutching my Bible and a copy of the Constitution.
    Then, I shot at a WHITE target, and not only did I MISS, but the lead from the bullets I shot killed 783 California Condors, made Earth’s temperature rise 5%, and caused the seas to rise half a foot. Those bullets also caused mass racism, and made Diane Feinstein cry.

THIS is why we need to ban all guns, outlaw being Caucasian, and Vote for Democrats and Bernie Sanders!

7. John Bruno says

I think we need demographics of some of the stats used in the study. If you are a cop in a large urban center like Chicago, most crime is actually committed by black men. Would they be slightly biased toward the target? Sure because when a high percent of your violent interaction with criminals is typically with black men how will you not not see them as potential threats.

The better use for our tax dollars would be why are blacks, who make up 13.2% of the population, committing crimes at a higher percent than whites, Hispanics, or Asians?

We won’t see this because it does not support the liberal narrative.