You Won’t BELIEVE What a Bernie Sanders Supporter Said to The Head of the NAACP in South Carolina

bernie

This might be one of the reasons Bernie Sanders lost the black vote to Hillary Clinton in South Carolina. You won’t believe this exchange between a Bernie Sanders phone bank worker and the head of the NAACP in the state.

From Yahoo News:

How Hillary Clinton won the battle for the black vote in South Carolina

Dot Scott, the president of the NAACP’s Charleston branch, was similarly critical of Sanders’ team. Scott, who admitted being family friends with Clinton’s South Carolina state director, said she only had one contact with the Sanders campaign, and it went “sour.”

Like many South Carolinians, Scott has received calls at home from phone bankers. She said one of these entreaties from the Sanders campaign led her to go off on a 10-minute tirade and demand an apology.

“One of my experiences that I think I won’t forget for a long time is a call that I got from the Sanders campaign. This person that called asked me was I voting for Sen. Sanders. I said no. I was voting for Secretary Clinton. The phone went silent for a little bit,” Scott recounted. “You could hear this person struggling to come up with what they’re going to say next. … They call that a real pregnant pause, nine months’ worth of pregnant pause. And he finally came back and he says to me, ‘You know, Senator Sanders is for welfare.’”

This did not provoke a positive reaction from Scott.

“I lost it. So you’re going to assume either from my voice or from my selection that the most important thing that Sen. Sanders is going to be working on that would interest me is more welfare?” Scott said. “I went on to read him the riot act. Listen, I’m not only a college graduate; I’ve got a masters. My daughter is a college graduate. I have never had one ounce of welfare before. I ain’t never lived in public housing. None of those things.”

According to Scott, the Sanders supporter who called her “didn’t know what to say.”

Word of that exchange probably got around, don’t you think?

It also says a lot about what’s in the minds of Sanders supporters.

Stunning.

Comments

• Jim says

It’s a bidding war for the black vote. Fortunately “they” can vote for both so it will all work out.

• Elizabeth says

I don’t believe that story for a second. You mean to tell me a caller doesn’t know what to say when someone says they’re voting for Clinton??? They have standard questions and answers to just about everything, and I don’t believe ” more welfare” is a standard response. I’m calling BS on this one.

1. Libertarian73 says

Well not to burst any NAACP member’s bubble, but that’s kind of how the Democratic party looks at them (blacks and minorities in general). Keep them down and promise them things to keep them addicted to government. It’s sad really.

2. Lefty Not Leftist says

“you have a masters degree? great!!! bernie can still give you welfare checks. that’s the beauty of his plan!

• Jacqueline Sanchez says

❝my .friend’s mate Is getting 98$. HOURLY. on the internet.”….two days ago new McLaren. F1 bought after earning 18,512$,,,this was my previous month’s paycheck ,and-a little over, 17k$ Last month ..3-5 h/r of work a day ..with extra open doors & weekly. paychecks.. it’s realy the easiest work I have ever Do.. I Joined This 7 months ago and now making over 87$, p/h.Learn. More right Here:;/90➤➤➤➤➤ http://GlobalSuperEmploymentVacanciesReportsJobs/GetPaid/98$hourly…. .❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:❦2:::::;/90………

3. JY1 says

Bernie is for welfare?

That is an understatement.

That is probably the only truth to come out of the democrat party in years.

You betcha, Bernie is for welfare!

And don;t forget that HilLIEry said:
    “It takes a village.”

Your education and degree did not bring you success.
    Your hard work did not bring you success.
    Your talent did not bring you success.
    Your penny pinching and careful saving, that did not bring you success either.

That village brought you success.
    Happy Welfare Check Day.

4. MarcusWoodson says

And Donald Trump says he doesn’t know David Duke and his idiot supporters make excuses for him. Remember, they are talking about David Duke. From the blaze

Redfish1 Feb. 28, 2016 at 7:38pm
    So trump didnt want to associate with david duke in
    2000. In a recent interview trump doesnt remember who david duke is.
    He had already disavowed the guy. I am not sure I see the controversy.
    Someone please enlighten me.
    Please dont use the brown shirt reference from gb.

koz226 Feb. 28, 2016 at 7:43pm
    Well said. Is Trump supposed to remember everything
    from 16 years ago? I’m sure he meets and has discussions with and about
    dozens and dozens of people each day in his business. People are
    trying to start up $hit where none exists.

5. Arthur Solari says

Both the head of the NAACP and the writer of this article are such morons, it reinforces why we are in such a bad place! Look at Bernie’s record compared to $hillary’s you idiots! There is no contest.Stop being petty and stop being corrupt by supporting a criminal like HC. She’s already lost the general because of you media assholes rigged this thing. Smarten up!

6. GtB says

If the head of the NAACP voted Clinton because of the exchange with one Sanders supporter I seriously doubt her mental capacity.

7. Marg says

No politician should be paid more than the medium average of all incomes in the district they represent! Same for Senators based on state income and same for all Fed employees including that welfare loving slug Obama!