Rangers Forced To Euthanize Bison Calf After TOURISTS PUT IT IN THEIR CAR (VIDEO)

Bison

This story is a perfect example of what can happen when people think they’re doing something nice for the natural world but end up doing more harm than good.

Tourists at Yellowstone thought a Bison calf looked cold so they put it in their car. As a result, the Bison herd would no longer accept the calf and it had to be euthanized.

East Idaho News reported:

Park Service: Bison Calf Euthanized After Tourists Put It In Vehicle

In recent weeks, visitors in the park have been engaging in inappropriate, dangerous, and illegal behavior with wildlife. These actions endanger people and have now resulted in the death of a newborn bison calf.

Last week in Yellowstone National Park, visitors were cited for placing a newborn bison calf in their vehicle and transporting it to a park facility because of their misplaced concern for the animal’s welfare. In terms of human safety, this was a dangerous activity because adult animals are very protective of their young and will act aggressively to defend them. In addition, interference by people can cause mothers to reject their offspring. In this case, park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd. These efforts failed. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway…

Park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd, but these efforts failed, according to a news release issued Monday morning. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway.

Here’s a video report:

Sad for the calf but our park rangers know what they’re doing.

Hopefully these tourists won’t do anything like that again.

(Image:Source)

Comments

• ClimateJoke says

Had the same thought. But I think the purists/naturalists probably decided to make an example of the animal to punish stupid people (that would be all of us, excluding the enlightened). Call me cynical.

• I-RIGHT-I says

My grandpa schooled me on that very subject when I found a bird’s nest. It devastated me that I had effectively killed the chick by picking it up. A mother bison on the other hand will reject you and not the calf. You know that immediately when she begins to grind you into the ground.

1. Six Cents says

Stupid humans believing they know best. Reminds me of Gary Larson’s book “There’s a hair in my dirt!” It’s an awesome little book about this very thing – some libtarded self-appointed do-gooder that goes around “fixing” things in nature who ultimately causes death and destruction.

2. Gumada says

I don’t understand why this calf could not have been saved. There are plenty of wildlife refuges with people ready to help in these situations. Even farms may have been avaliable–seems very rash to me.

3. FickleFinger says

There are people saving wild animals ALL THE TIME by human intervention to a young animal in distress. This is a mindless killing by a soulless federal bureaucracy. The calf could have been fed long enough to begin grazing on its own. Only a bunch of federal jerks would kill rather than save.

In 1988, Yellowstone Park managers let “natural” wildfires nearly burn the park up. It cost $150 million and took 20,000 people to eventually put out the fires which destroyed more than 36% of Yellowstone. Those choosing to let it burn should have been fired and prosecuted.

EVERYTHING in Yellowstone is political and its managers are consistently proven unreliable stewards of the park.

• Christinarcook3 says

“my room mate Lori Is getting paid on the internet 98$/hr”…..!tn383rtwo days ago grey MacLaren P1 I bought after earning 18,512 Dollars..it was my previous month’s payout..just a little over.17k Dollars Last month..3-5 hours job a day…with weekly payouts..it’s realy the simplest. job I have ever Do.. I Joined This 7 months. ago. and now making over. hourly 87 Dollars…Learn. More right Here !tn383r:➽:➽:➽➽➽➽ http://GlobalSuperJobsReportsEmploymentsRocketGetPay-Hour$98…. .✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸::::::!tn383r….,.

4. Buster000 says

Rangers were never forced to do anything of the sort. There are plenty of animal shelters or reserves that would have taken that animal in.